Serves 4, with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1oz butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 0.5 pt apple juice (or substitute grape juice)
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the onions and
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for about 15 minutes until they
are softened and dark golden. Add the garlic for the last 5
minutes of cooking time.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a plate.
- Season the flour. Dust the chicken with the flour, shaking off
- Cook in the pan for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Pour in the apple juice. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the
- Return the onions to the pan, cover with a lid, and cook for
20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has
- Serve with potatoes or rice.